Yesterday was the last day of school for my kids, and the last day of work for me until August, and I am sad. I already miss work, and cannot wait to go back in the fall. The three kids that rode my bus home yesterday were asking me if I was going to be back in the fall, and my favorite kid even said “I’m gonna miss you guys” to me and my monitor when he got off. Hopefully, I’ll be able to get the same route in the fall. I really like driving it, and I really like the kids. It is completely stress-free. And from what I understand, the principal at the school really liked that I had no problems on the bus, too. In the morning yesterday, only one kid got on my bus on the entire route. So when I dropped him off at the school, the principal got on my bus and patted me on the back saying, “Only one? Thank you so much!”

In the afternoon, I was looking for one of the other monitors that I usually drive out to the school, so I went into the office. Right as I walked in the door, the skipper who is also serving as dispatcher this week called me over. Since I was in such a good mood, and it was my last day and all, I skipped across the room to her. The safety supervisor, who was sitting nearby doing some paperwork, looked up at me and said, “What the hell was that?”

While I was standing there talking to the one skipper, one of the other skippers yells from across the room, “There’s a cicada on your back!” I just glanced around and said, “Oh well.” since I don’t really care, and they don’t bother me. She then came across the room with her fly swatter and started attacking the cicada. The routing supervisor just looked at her and said, “Get the hell out of here.” I love how much people freak out over the things. They do nothing other than sit on you. They can’t bite, sting, or otherwise hurt you. Silly people.

So I guess it will probably be a while before I post again, and it will certainly be a while before I go to the ice cream stand with a school bus. August cannot come soon enough!